Friday, December 14, 2007

Telugu cinema's newest sensation


Your first Telugu project was a song for Rakhi (released last December) which was quite popular. How did that happen?
I did not expect to be launched as a singer as I was to act in Aata. But I did not.

At a photoshoot for Aata, Siddharth and I were chatting about music when Siddharth introduced me to music director Devisriprasad and asked me to sing. I sang a few lines of songs in Hindi, Malayalam and Tamil.

After hearing me sing, Deviprasad invited me to his studio. That's how it started.

I received a lot of praises for the song so I didn't feel the jolt of being replaced by Ileana in Aata. I would have loved to make it as an actor but making it as a singer was a plus. Call it a stroke of destiny; it just fell into my lap.

I got some Telugu offers after my Malayalam film Mayookham but did not take up any.

No comments: